We remember and/or celebrate key times in people's lives as a congregational family. The occasion is marked both in household relationships as well as when the Trinity family gathers together. Below are some current examples of what we celebrate together:
- Holy Baptism - A child or adult is welcomed and celebrated as a child of God as we celebrate God's promise and they receive God's gift of grace.
- Bible Arrival (4-5 yrs) - Young children are part of special "Bible Parade" and receive a read-to-me Bible from their parents.
- Walk Through The Bible (3rd grade) - Children receive a full Bible that their parents have "customized" with highlighted verses, notes, and special blessing.
- Mom & Me Tea - Preschool and elementary aged girls get to dress pretty and bring a favorite grown-up girls (mom, aunts, grandmas...or all of the above!) to an event celebrating how special they all are to God.
- Father-Son Adventure - Preschool and elementary boys get to roll up their sleeves with a favorite big guy (dad, uncles, grandpas, or others) and have an adventure together as they look together to the guidance of God's Word.
- Confirmation - In a special Banquet, young teens speak their faith and parents share their personal blessing and encouragment in faith.
- Graduation - As students graduate from high school, parents publicly re-affirm their love for their child, identify God's special gifts in their child, and share their blessing for a new chapter in their lives.
- Anniversary Celebrations - In February, married couples celebrating first anniversaries and anniversaries of every five years (5, 10, 15, ...45, 50, etc) are part of a special worship element that includes prayer, slide-show, and blessing.
- Commemoration of the Departed - On the first Sunday in November, we remember and thank God for all our loved ones who have died - specifically naming those who have died in the previous 12 months.
Family Fun Events
Specific opportunities for children and adults to have fun together include such things as Advent Family Event: Manger on the Mantel, Lenten Family Event: Walk with Jesus, and Trinity's Fall "Block Party" among other events.